Sunday, May 15, 2011

#174 Chili Dog Bacon Cheeseburger and Fiery Fries

Overall Grade: A
Preparation Ease: A
Flavor Grade: B
Repeat Possibility: B+

Ok- simply put- this is a hamburger with hotdogs cut up in it, and bacon and cheese on top. I mean, seriously, how could it be bad? It can't! Is it good for you? No! But tasty...yes!

The burgers were easy enough to prepare...just cut up hot dogs, mix with the beef, hot sauce, Ray's signature meat seasoning Montreal Steak Seasoning, some other stuff and grill it! Put the cheese and bacon on top and you have a good time! We used Martin's Potato Rolls for the bread...and you can't get a better soft hamburger bun! So overall...great!

The fries were OK. Have you had Trader Joe's Garlic Fries? The Fry part is fantastic...but the garlic sauce ruins them...so I was a little frightened of the hot sauce/garlic/butter combo for the fries...but I wish I would have smothered them in the sauce. So it was my bad that they were just OK!

Ray recommends serving with veggie sticks or oil and vinegar slaw- but we didn't have room! The burgers were huge and the fries added heft.

I did learn a new cooking technique from the recipe for bacon. And I'm sure it's not new to anyone else- I'd just never done it. Ray recommends a broiler pan...but since I don't have one- I took 3 skewers and placed them on the edges of a small jellyroll pan. I put the bacon strips over the skewers and cooked 3 minutes on each side...broiled on HI. It was so quick and easy and not much mess at all!

My husband and I have have wildly different taste...so while I loved the burgers he prefers just plan meat with a little salt and pepper. So if you don't love a lot of flavor- or are just into the classics, skip this one. But if you like a little kick in the pants...do it up!

No pictures of this one...but I will next time...promise!

2 comments:

  1. Can I come eat at your house? Becca is trying to go Vegan at the house. I'm not a fan of the idea, but it's only dinner and weekends. And she's not too militant about. The only good thing that has come out of this Vegan phase, my cholesterol has decreased 30 points.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh girl - those fries are the bomb!! They are my emotional eating binge food. you cannot go wrong with fries, hot butter and any type of hot seasoning (I usually use cajun seasoning).

    ReplyDelete